Sunday, December 13, 2009

What a storm last night

Last night I went to bed about 8:30, I turned out the lights and laid down under the covers to warm up my side. I could not believe how much rain was hitting the windows. The trees were rocking, and the roar of the wind through the tree limbs was slightly unsettling. There are a couple of trees in front of the house that have to be well over a hundred years old. Tall, Thick, and sturdy looking, but the wind was moving them. I made a mental note: If I hear a loud cracking noise, grab cute fiancee and run to the middle of the house.
I'm not sure it would help but more house between us and giant tree is better than nothing.
The winds last night had to be well over 50 mph.
It was still raining when I got up this morning. Big drops falling off the trees above the house and hitting the roof with muffled smacks. Rather sad actually, we had gotten snow a week before and the rain was washing it all away. I have always thought that rain falling on snow was rather sad.
When we got in the truck this morning to take cute fiancee to work it was trying to snow but not sticking.
It rained by the gallons last night as the road conditions made perfectly clear. Huge rocks and debris around all the corners. It was clearing in the desert when I dropped her off at work. On the way back home I saw something that I just had to take a picture of.

This nice waterfall had started to flow again. It is near this really cool rock outcropping on the side of the road.
I have plenty to blog about so I better get to work here.
Junkero

No comments:

Post a Comment